- Tencel, also known as Lyocell, is a man made
environmentally friendly fiber that is made from renewable plant
materials. This sets it apart from the petroleum derived
- Tencel made by Lenzing is made from eucalyptus trees, which
grow fast and only takes 1/2 an acre of low-grade land to grow
enough trees for a ton of tencel fiber. Cotton needs 5 times as
much land and must be grown on good quality farmland.
Organic Cotton vs. Tencel
- Won 'European Award for the Environment' by the European
- Made from wood pulp from sustainable tree farms.
- The tencel is created through the use of an award-winning
closed loop process that recovers or decomposes 99.5% of the
solvents and emissions.
- It is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- It is 100% biodegradable.
- Natural breathability: 50% greater moisture absorption than
cotton. Absorbs better than wool, cotton and polyester.
- Anti-bacterial - prevents the growth of bacteria naturally
without the the addition of chemical additives.
- Soft, breathable, lightweight and comfortable. Softer than
- Durable. Resistant to wrinkles.
- Dust mite resistant