Du Page County Dog Training Area. One mile south of Army Trail on Swift Road.
Lincoln Park Dog Park. Dog Park 3 acres fenced. 3 acres - totally fenced in. benches to sit on - double gated. Location: Behind greenhouse at Lincoln Park in Back of Holy Angles School S. End of Harrison street. Directions: Rt. 31 to galena blvd. West of Galen blvd to Harrison st. - south on harrison street until the end at fire station. dog park is South of fire station. (Thank you Archie Fritsch)
Fermilab Dog Training Area. Prairie area with ponds, trees, restrooms, and water. Located on the grounds of Fermilab, at Pine and Kirk.
- Whalon Lake Dog Park. Whalon Lake provides recreation opportunities that include hiking, picnicking, and an 8-acre free-run dog park. A portion of the site is still under development and will include a fishing lake, boating, and biking trails. Located in the City of Naperville, the preserve contains a scenic wetland, large oak-savanna grove, and the 80-acre Whalon Lake. Location: Located on Royce Road, west of Route 53 in Bolingbrook.
Dog Friendly Park. Fenced with trees and water. Location: Marine Drive and Lawrence. Adjacent to Margate Park.
Wiggley Field. Fenced with tress, water, tables, and benches. Location: 2600 block of Sheffield
Belmont Park. Fenced. Dogs can play in the lake. Location: Recreation Drive and Lake Shore Drive.
Coliseum Park. Location: 14th Street and Wabash Avenue
Dog Lot. Location: New Orleans Street and Ohio Street.
Doggie Beach. Lake Michigan. Lakeshore Drive, exit Irving.
Hamlin Park. Fenced with trees, bring water. Southwest corner of the park. Location: 3100 North Damen Avenue.
Margate Park. 4921 N. Marine Drive North.
Promontory Point. 5491-93 S. Shore Drive.
Walsh Park. Fenced with trees and asphalted surface. Location: 1741 N. Marshfield.
Wicker Park. Fenced with trees and water. Location: Damen Ave and Wicker Park Avenue
- Conkey Forest Preserve. Location: 135th Street and Central Avenue.
- Crystal Lake
- Hound Town. 2 big fully fenced areas, agility course. Really nice water fountain. Have to go to the crystal lake park district to get a key to enter. Location: Illinois route 176, 1/4 mile west of route 14 in crystal lake, in lippold park. Directions: Illinois route 176, 1/4 mile west of route 14 in crystal lake. (Thank you Tiffany Linz)
- Jaycee's Park. Not very large, but fun. Water available. Double gated. Picnic benches. Location: Wilmot Road in Deerfield, just north of stop light at Deerfield Road. Directions: Just north of stoplight at Deerfield, watch for park turn in on the west side of Wilmot. Plenty of parking. (Thank you Victoria Voltz)
- Beck Lake. Dog owners wishing to enter the Beck Lake Dog Friendly Area MUST procure a permit for the location. For more forms, fees, directions and related information, please click the link below. Otherwise, please contact us at 708-771-1036. Location: 8939A Robin Drive, Des Plaines, IL 60016. (Thank you Liz Best)
- Du Page
All dog parks in Dupage now require permits. From their site see additional information. Yearly permits for owners who are county residents are $35 per year for the first dog and $5 per year for each additional dog ($5 per dog for a daily permit). Yearly permits for out-of-county owners are $150 for the first dog and $20 for each additional dog ($15 per dog for a daily permit). (Thank you Aimee Edlin)
Du Page's Forest
Preserves. Description: large fenced in areas that provide running,
swimming and lots of fun for you and your pooch!
- Blackwell. Dog exercise area. Visitors can exercise or train their dogs without a leash at the dog exercise area south of Mack Road, along the West Branch of the DuPage River. Dog sledding is only allowed on designated trails north of Mack Road with a District permit.
- East Branch. Dog exercise training area complete with water at the entrance on Swift Road. This area contains parking, an information sign with specific details about the training/exercise area, dumpsters and a small picnic area.
- Mayslake. A fully-fenced dog-exercise area features four acres of mowed grass with a double gate system to prevent "escapes." Dogs may enjoy off-leash play in this area but must be leashed in all other areas of the preserve.
- Pratt's Wayne Woods. Dog Training Field - More than 23 acres south of the model aircraft area have been designated for dog-exercise purposes. Here, pet owners may exercise their dogs without a leash and train them for object retrieval. Dogs must be leashed in all other preserve areas.
- Springbrook Prairie. Dog exercise area.
(Thank you Amber Hilger)
- Evanston Dog Beach. Must have Evanston dog license with beach tag. Open only during Memorial Day to Labor Day. Location: Boat launch east of Church and Sheridan.
- Main/McCormick Dog Park. Fenced. Location: Main and McCormick Avenue.
- Forest Park
- Forest Park Doggie Park. Fenced park, trash cans. Location: On Circle Ave. just north of the I-290. (Thank you Dora Cortes)
- Frankfort Bark Park. 3.5 Acre Park Open Spring of '07. Fenced- 3 acre large dog, .3 acre small (25lbs) dog. Security Key required (day pass available) bring shots info. Open spring of '07 - All daylight hours. Playground and bathrooms and full Park Facilities. Location: 80th & Laraway, Frankfort IL 60423. Frankfort Park District. 815-469-9275. 140 Oak St. Frankfort 60423. Directions: Frankfort is south of Rt 80 on LaGrange Rd. At Route 30 turn east to Pfieffer Rd, South to Sauk Trail east to 80th, South .5 block to park entrance. (Thank you Brady McCahey)
- Friends Forever Humane Society. Parks for small and large dogs with pond and agility course. Separate agility area recently featured in Dog Fancy magazine. $2.00/day or $25/year. Water fountains, sprayer for washing, shampoo, poop bags, picnic tables, double-fenced, wheel chair accessible, pond with fountain and dock open during warm season. Location: Highway 26 and Rudy Road just south of Freeport. Directions: Take Business 20 into Freeport. Turn south on to 26 and look for the sign after you leave town. (Thank you Mary Ann Hill)
- Glendale Heights
- East Branch Forest Preserve Dog Exercise Area. Fenced.Location: Swift Road. Approximately one mile North of North Avenue.
- Cook County Forest Preserve Dog Friendly Area. Approximately 26-28 fenced acres which includes large pond. Hours: sunrise to sunset. Location: In the Beck Lake Forest Preserve at Central & East River RD. Address: Central & East River Road. Directions: In the Beck Lake Forest Preserve. (Thank you J. Nichole Ryan)
- K Mine Park. Double Gated Off Leash Park.
Provides water, trees, picnic table, benches, and waste bags.
Location: Inside K Mine Park. Directions: Travel to the Stumble Inn then turn toward the park - go to the rear by the baseball fields. (Thank you Jennifer Zang)
- Mallard Lake Forest Preserve. Location: On Lawrence Road. North of Schick and West of Gary.
- Moraine Beach at Katherine Legge Memorial Park. Location: 2501 Sheridan Road.
- Katherine Legge Memorial Park. Permit free dog park. March 1 - October 31 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. & 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. November 1 - February 28 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. & 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Location: 55th Street and County Line Road (South). Directions: 55th Street to County Line Road South. Entrance is on left hand side of County Line Road. (Thank you Sue Wojakowski)
- Cook County Dog Training Area. Pond, trees, and water. Location: Wickham and Higgins.
Rover Run Dog Park.
Hours: Dawn-Dusk. Membership fee: $15/residents
$25/non-residents. (708)957-0300. Location: 191st St and Center. (Thank you Lauren)
- Hamel Woods Dog Park. 7 acres fenced, grass, wooded, double gated, permit needed. Location: Black road east of Rt 59. Directions: Black rd & Rt 59 East on Black Rd about 2 miles to Hammel Woods dog park on the south side of Black rd. (Thank you Jean)
Prairie Wolf Dog Exercise Area 44 acres. 6:30 am - sunset, daily.
Fenced, swimming pond, large fields, training enclosures, tables, water.
Located on the east side of Waukegan Road (Route 43) north of Half Day Road
(Route 22). Permit required, purchase daily pass at self-pay station in
parking lot or annual pass available, see
http://www.LCFPD.org for details or call 847-367-6640.
Lake In The Hills
- Lake In The Hills (page 28). Fenced in 3.5 acre Dog Park. Registration at Village Hall, Lake In The Hills, IL. $30 resident, $50 non-resident. Key and pass issued for year. Open sun-up to sun-down 365/yr. Water available. Opened July 2005. Really nice. Location: Haligus Rd just across from Sunset Park. Directions. From Algonquin Rd and Randall Rd. West on Algonquin Rd to Lakewood Rd, Turn right. Lakewood Rd to Miller Rd, turn left. Follow around to Haligus Rd, turn left. 1/2 mile on the right. (Thank you Carl Swensen)
- Libertyville Dog Exercise Area. Lake County Dog Recreation Area. 30 acres. 6:30 am - sunset, daily. Fenced, water, trail, swimming pond, river, benches, tables. Located on Milwaukee Avenue just north of Route 137. Permit required, purchase daily pass at self-pay station in parking lot or annual pass available, see http://www.LCFPD.org for details or call 847-367-6640. Location: Milwaukee Avenue. North of Route 137. Pass required. This 30-acre area, located on Milwaukee Avenue (Route 21), one-half mile north of Buckley Road (Route 137), features fields and wooded areas, a large pond for swimming and retrieving games, and is fenced on three sides. Access to the Des Plaines River Trail is available on the east side. Dogs must be leashed when exiting the Exercise Area. Daily and Annual permits available. This site is closed for maintenance until 11 a.m. on the first and third Thursday of each month from April - October. (Thank you Catherine Savage)
- Duck Farm Dog Exercise Area. On the south side of Grand Ave (Route 132) between Deep Lake Road and Grenada Ave. 48 acres. 6:30 am - sunset, daily. Fenced, tables, water. Permit required, purchase daily pass at self-pay station in parking lot or annual pass available, see www.LCFPD.org for details or call 847-367-6640. (Thank you Craig Bruska & Catherine Savage)
- Harlem Township Rover Run. Off-Leash Dog Park. Schoonmaker Park. Large Dog & Small Dog Fenced Areas. Register in person at Harlem Township. 815-633-9382. Location: 10500 Ventura Blvd. (Thank you Christine Schmidt)
- Macomb Dog Park. Fenced, restrooms, water, trach cans, benches. Located in Patton Park on the corner of Ward and Grant.
Milian, Rock Island
- Milian Dog Park. Fenced Dog Park. Location: Andulusia RD. Before Miller Container. Go past HyVee and Eagles, then past the Vet. office and over the tracks. It is on your left. Fenced many things for your dog to play on. (Thank you Monae)
- Morton Dog Park. This FREE dog park has a small dog enclosure and a large dog enclosure. It is wooded so has lots of shade. There are restrooms just outside the dog area as well as a small playground (for children) and shelter with picnic tables. No water at the present time but it does have poop bags and trash case strategically placed around both enclosures. The entrance is double gated for safety. I would estimate the large enclosure at 3 acres and the small one less than an acre. Ample parking. Not handicap accessible. Directions: Take 74 to the southbound Morton exit. Turn right in front of Walmart (Courtland). Continue straight until the stop sign. At the stop sign, turn left on to Main St. Cross the railroad tracks. The dog park and ample parking is located on the left just before the curve. (Thank you Stephanie Johnson)
- Green Valley Forest Preserve Dog Park. Permits are required for this park. Location: Green Road north of 75th Street - just west of IL. Rt. 53. Directions: You could take I-355 to 75th St. Go west past IL. Rt. 53 and go north on Green Road. Entrance 1/3 mile on the right. (Thank you Rob Sommer)
- Naperbrook. 87th and 75th St. on Plainfield/Naperville Rd, between 75th and 87th.
- Whalon Lake Dog Park. Brochure, annual fees. Location: 1.5 miles west of Route 53 on Royce Road in Naperville. The entrance is on the south side of Royce Road. (Thank you Liz Best)
- Normal Dog Park. Off Leash Dog Park. Large big dog run and extra smaller run for small or older dogs. Waste bags are available on sight but as of now no water. New trees planted. Location: Bowles Street. Directions: 55 to 51 then East onto 51. South on Bowles Street (right if you are coming from 55) about 2 miles to Stop sign. Go Straight about a quarter of a miles until you see parking on your right. It is identified as the "Pits at Maxwell Park". Park in the lot, walk south - double gated dog park on your right. (Thank you Jennifer Zang)
- Maryslake Dog Training Area. Fenced, trees, trashcans. Bring leash to use in parking area. Dogs not aloud in water. Location: Route 83 & 31st Streets.
- Ridgeland Commons. Baseball fields and open grassy areas, wide sledding hill. Fenced, large area. Open to dogs in Summer from 6-8:30 a.m., other seasons 6:30- 9:00 a.m. Due to the laws in Cook County Ridgeland has been shut down on weekends but a small park is to be erected. Location: Lake Street just west of Ridgeland Avenue. Directions: 290(E) to Harlem exit, North to Lake Street, East to Ridgeland; 290(W) (from Chicago) to Austin exit, North to Lake Street, West to Ridgeland. (Thank you Laurie Kane & Rebecca Trueman)
- Simson Meadow. Location: 7220-7800 W 167th Street. Across from Centennial Park.
- Plum Grove Reservoir - Palatine Dog Park. Double door leash-less fenced area. Fenced area is of decent size and people are friendly. There is a lake nearby where people let their dogs swim and there is a playground outside of the fenced area for kids. Location: Algonquin between Roselle and Quentin Roads (Harper College). Directions: West on Algongquin from 53, shortly after Quentin road. Park at Harper College. (Thank you M. Singh)
- Paws Park. Yearly membership required through Park Ridge Park District. Location: Located in Tinley Park. 2800 Oakton ST (Thank you Susan Kuhlman)
- Possibly Mcnaughton park. Nice open area surrounded by trees for dogs to run, and/or trained. No water or bags for pick-up. Location: Parkway, between Route 98 and Court St. (Thank you Susan Ferrell)
- Kickapoo Creek Dog Run. Large field with creek for dog to play in. Location: Kickapoo Creek Road. Directions: Farmington Road to Kickapoo Creek road...don't know exact address. (Thank you Laura Danner)
- Van Horn Dog Park. Fenced, water, parking, pond. Location: Van Horn Park. Near Caton Farm and NW Frontage.
- Heritage Lake. Large park, lake. Large area for dogs to be walked, preferably on a leash. Location: Located on Chanute Air Force Base. Directions: Going north on Rt 45 just entering into Rantoul, turn right onto County Road 2800N until you come to sign "Heritage Lake" and then turn right. (Thank you Cheryl)
- Canine Corners - Searls. Two Approximately 3 Acre Parks, membership required, see our website or contact Rockford Park District for info. Location: Inside of Searles park off of central Avenue and Kilburn Avenue. Parking is available near the baseball diamonds kiddy corner from the park. (Thank you Kim Clark & Mike Hughes)
- Canine Corners - Elliot. Two Approximately 3 Acre Parks. Parking and poop bags. Location: South Lyford Road. Directions: Business 20 (East State St.), one block East of I90/I39 turn South on South Lyford Rd. Go 2 blocks & look for Canine Corners sign on left, turn left (East), parks about one block East on each side of road. (Thank you Suzanne Lantz & Mike Hughes)
- Hasselroth Dog Park. Fenced, trees, water, benches. Location: Andalusia Road.
Campton Hills Park. Park is doing some remodeling, the dog area is just a fenced in area at this point. A new dog area will be built. Location: Campton Hills rd. Directions: South of Illinois route 64 on Peck rd. to Campton Hills rd. go right about 1/4 mile. (Thank you Jill Ramsey & Thea Jankowski)
- Fox River Bluff Forest Preserve West. off-leash park w/ access to the Fox River - trails through the woods/prairies too! Location: IL 31. Directions: just north of Red Gate Road on IL 31 -- just passed St. Charles North High School. (Thank you Michelle Besch)
- Hammel Woods. Brochure, annual fees. 7 acre dog park. Location: Located in Hammel Woods: DuPage River Access, east of Route 59 and west of Essington Road, on Black Road, in Shorewood. The entrance is on the south side of Black Road. Rt 59, between Rt 52 and Black Road. (Thank you Meg Chapin & Liz Best)
- Skokie Park District Dog Park. Fenced, parking, and trashcans. Location: Main and McCormick.
- Springfield Illinois Dogpark. Off-leash fenced-in area. Poop bags, trash cans, double gate, benches. No water supply (bring your own). This is a very nice place but it is NOT handicap accessible. Location: Stuart Park - Winch and Suzette. Directions: Go to intersection of Jefferson and Veterans Parkway. Go West on Jefferson one block. Turn Right on Winch. Go about 1/2 mile. Stuart Park is on you left. Dogpark section is in the Southwest corner of the park. (Thank you Richard Zuraski & Susan Ferrell)
- Swansea Dog Park. Location: 1500 block of Caseyville Ave. Directions: take 159 to Bracket, turn right on Caseyville, park is on left. Swansea resident yearly fee is $25. per dog and non-resident is $50. per dog. (Thank you Christina Keck)
- Siemsen Meadows. Open area park. Siemsen Meadows is 63 acres of natural beauty and open areas, it is not fenced in and there is no charge. You have this listed under the town of Orland park but this is the only dog area park in Tinley Park not Orland Park. Location: 7400 167th street. Directions: between 76th ave and harlem ave on 167th street. (Thank you Sonny Martinez)
- Urbana Dog Park. Admission is $3 daily. Location: The Dog Park is located East Perkins road in Northeast Urbana. Directions: Go to Cunningham Ave. Also known as route 45. East on Perkins Road. Tatmans is on the NE corner. Ned Kelly's is on the NW corner. South into Dog Park. Entrance at the sign. (Thank you Jules Elkins)
- Blackwell Dog Training Field. Trees, river, parking. Location: A quarter of a mile east of Route 59.
- Lakewood Dog Exercise Area. 68 acres. 6:30 am - sunset, daily. Fenced, mini playground for dogs, training enclosures, benches, tables, restrooms, water. Located on the east side of Fairfield Road just north of Route 176. Permit required, purchase daily pass at self-pay station in parking lot or annual pass available, see http://www.LCFPD.org for details or call 847-367-6640. (Thank you Lisa)
- Larsen Nature Preserve Dog Exercise Area. Fenced, parking, trashcans. 1720 Western Ave. (Thank you Lisa)
- Pratt Wayne Woods. Fenced, water, parking. Location: On Powis, near Army Trail.
- Schweitzer Woods dog park. Approximately 5 acres in 2 fenced fields. The larger field has wooded areas with many mown pathways. The smaller area is completely mowed and has two large trees. Bring your own water and pick-up bags. There is no bathroom facility. There is no fee for using this park. Location: Sleepy Hollow Rd. Directions: From Route 72 and Sleepy Hollow Rd, take Sleepy Hollow headed north. The first driveway on the left has two large rocks at the entrance, and it looks like a private drive going up the hill to a house-- that is the dog park. To the right of the house is the kennel, and to the right of that is the dog field entrance.
- Gillson Park Dog Beach. Dog permit is $25 for residents and $150 for non-residents. Additional dogs are $5 for residents and $50 for non-residents. Located at the South end of the pier near Wilmette harbor. Location: Michigan Avenue and Lake Avenue.
White Oaks Dog Park.
This Dog Park is open from dawn to dusk. The park allows for interactive play
while off leash.Location: 111 S. Wood Dale Rd. Corner of Wood Dale Road and
Directions. (Thank you Scott Skerce)