Ajax Conservation Area. Beautiful views. Large area for off leash. Hilly, water, forest, flat land, river, excellent. Location: Church Street and 5th Concession in Ajax, a part of the Conservation Area. Directions: 1st lights east of Brock Road, south of the 407 Highway, turn south. Follow to end and go left along gravel road, then right before steep hill. Park entrance and parking on the left. or: 401 to Westney, south on Westney past the Tim Hortons. Right hand side. (Thank you Helen Hatton & Jen)
- Aurora Leash Free. Leash Free Dog Park. Fenced in park. Location: Industrial Parkway just south of St. John's Sideroad. (Thank you Barbara McLaughlin)
- Sunnidale Off-lease Dog Park. Trees with paths through out - about 2-3 acres in size. Pilot project for one year. Opened summer 2003. Within Sunnidale park. Location: Sunnidale Rd. Directions: Hwy 400 to Dunlop st. East exit. Left on Sunnidale Rd. (Thank you Brianne Arnott)
- Zwicks Park. 3 Acres fenced with trees and an open area. Location: Corner Hwy 62 and Dundas St. (Thank you Jim Moore)
- Caledon Animal Shelter. Location: Coleraine Drive (just south of Healey Road), Bolton, Ontario. Directions: Coleraine Drive (just south of Healey Road), Bolton, Ontario. 905-857-5208. (Thank you B. Deonandan)
- Chris Gibson Park (McLaughlin Road Dog Park). Lots of trees and winding paths through the trees. . McLaughlin Rd North. Behind baseball fields. Loud trains near. Directions: Going west on highway 7, continue on Queen ST. until McLaughlin Rd. Go north on McLaughlin. Park located next to the Chris Gibson Arena, on your right. (Thank you Monique Brady)
- Heartlake Road Dog Park located in the White Spruce Park. About 1 acre in size with chainlink fencing all around. Take highway 410 until the end, continue on Heartlake Rd. on your left shortly after passing Highway 7(Bovaird). Its is about 1km before Heartlake Conservation Area on Heartlake road just after you exit the 410. Not to be confused with Heart Lake Conservaition, which requires leashes. (Thank you Monique Brady & Edward).
- Shell Park. Dog and skate board park. Location: Lakeshore RD. West. Directions: Drive West on Lakshore to Bronte and you will see a big sign shell park. (Thank you Colleen Chater)
- Bronte provincial park. Forest area with great paths along deep gorge. Also possible to run dogs along river. Camping Area off highway 25 at Upper Middle Road. Park in camping area then proceed to walk towards river. (Thank you Normand Riel)
WAG Park. Fenced off-leashed free park. On King Rd. north of North Service Rd. in Burlington. Located on Left hand side when traveling North. Bring bags if you can. (Thank you Adam Filipowicz)
Don Russell Memorial Park. Location: Birmingham St at Faustina DR., North of baseball diamond, East of parking lot.
- John Gamble Park / Hydro Corridor. Off-leash area. Location: South of access road leading to Shadybrook Cres. Directions: Hydro Corridor parallel to Hwy 6 south of Kortright Road. Connects with conservation area and Preservation Park. (Thank you Margot M)
- Halton Hills - Acton Park. 0.7 Acre Leash free park in Acton Ontario. This group hopes to establish a series of leash free parks in the town of Halton Hills. (Thank you Brent C Wilson)
- Dundas, Hamilton & Ancaster. Free run areas & leash-free parks. Warren Park free-run area is lovely. It's a ravine with a river & a few paths. Not leash-free June-Aug. Location: There are a bunch in the Dundas area; the link below is the best source of info. (Thank you Naomi Bloch)
- Hamilton SPCA. Off leash park located outside of SPCA. (Thank you Marie-Lynne)
- K-W Humane Society. Description: Fenced in dog park, lots of shade from trees, picnic table, benches, fresh water taps, covered garbages for dog waste. Location: 250 Riverbend Dr. Directions: Take the first Wellington rd exit off the expressway turn left onto Riverbend Dr.
- Pottersburg Off-Leash Dog park. Large, fenced, with double gated entry system. Lots of parking, tables and grass! Location: Hamilton Road at Gore Road, east London. Directions: Highway 401 to Highbury Avenue to Hamilton Road. Turn East on Hamilton Road to Gore Road, look for the sign. (Thank you Beth Sayler - London Dog Owners Association)
- Stoney Creek Dog Off Leash Park. 2.5 acres fully-fenced varied terrain with parking lot and double gated entry system. Wooden boardwalk, wooded areas, footpaths, trees and grass surface. Opened Oct/05. Location: Adelaide Street, north of Windermere Road. Directions: From 401, take Wellington St. exit and drive several blocks to Commissioners Rd. Turn right (East) and then left on Adelaide (North). Drive several blocks north (past Oxford St. and Huron St.), which brings you to the north end of the City. Just past Windermere is a golf club and restaurant on the left (East) called the Waltzing Weazle. The entrance to the Stoney Creek Off Leash Park. (Thank you Leslie Duh)
- Milton Fairgrounds. Not Zoned as a Leash Free Park, But Fairgrounds Committee lets us use as one, so long as we keep it clean. Since the town has done nothing yet to offer us a leash free park it is all we have so far. Description: Several acres of open space. Track to walk on. Location: Robert Street and Bell Street. Directions: Bronte North past Main, Left on Robert. Fairground on right. (Thank you Sheri Lewis)
Markham Off Leash Area. small off leash area, fully fenced. Location: East off Woodbine Ave, south of Highway 7, in Markham <just north of Scarborough. Directions: Turn east off Woodbine Avenue, onto Miller Avenue--there is a set of traffic lights, just south of the 407 on ramp. Continue through the industrial area to the sign for the off leash area (on your left). Parking available. This area is REPLACING the off leash are in MILNE DAM CONSERVATION AREA. That area was closed permanently as of June 2003. Although the Markham off leash park is in an industrial area, it is quite pleasant. (Thank you Nancy Flint)
Leash-Free Mississauga. Leash free directory fo the
Mississauga area Toronto, Oakville, Brampton. (Thanks Doug Breard)
- Etobicoke Valley Park. Dundas Street east (Mississauga) and Southcreek Rd. (south side of Dundas west of Hwy 427)(bottom of the hill). Park is regular Mississauga by-law hours 7am -11pm
- Garnetwood Park. North side of Burnhamthorpe Road, east of Pony Trail Drive. Go along Burnhamthorpe RD, almost to the Etobicoke border, turn north onto Pony Drive and right onto Rathburn to Garnetwood. Park is regular Mississauga by-law hours 7am -11pm
- Lakeside Park. Lakeshore Rd. between Southdown Rd. and Winston Churchill Blvd. Park is regular Mississauga by-law hours 7am -11pm.
- Jack Darling Park. On Lakeshore Road, west of Clarkson RD in Mississauga. It is a big park and the off-leash area is on the west side. Weekdays only. The gate to the park opens at 7am and closes at 9pm.
- Quenippenon Meadows Community Park. Located at Erin Centre Blvd., just west of Erin Mills Parkway. Opposite Erin Mills Town Centre. Park is regular Mississauga by-law hours 7am -11pm.
- Totoredaca Park. Meadowvale Blvd (north of the 401) past Meadowpine Road.
- Abbey Oaks Off Leash. Fully fenced in dog park. Large fully fenced in site with pergola for shade, amply parking, bus shelter. No water. Open dawn to dusk. Replaced Glenn Abbey Off Leash which closed in May of 2003. Location: Off Neyagawa just north of Dundas in the North Park area. Directions: QEW to Third Line, Right on Dundas west, take Neyagawa north, park on west side. (Thank you Dolores Doherty)
- Carefree Canine Park. Located on the east side of 8th Line north of Glenashton
- Bronte Creek Provincial Park. 2 sites - east of creek, no fences, several miles of fields, forests, creek, west of creek - fenced, not as large as east side. East side has large ravine down to creek, follow ravine path south to end, and hill path goes down to creek. Camping available on this side of creek, north of leash free area. Location: East - Upper Middle Road. West - Burloak Drive. Directions: East side of park- QEW to Bronte Road North to Upper Middle Rd., then follow west to end. west side of park - QEW to Burloak North to just before Upper Middle Rd. (Thank you Cheryl Keith)
- Post Park. Located on MacDonald Road between Balsam & Chartwell. Fenced and areas are supervised by community groups.
- Shell Park. Lakeshore Rd. West east of Burloak Dr. Location: Shell Park, Lakeshore West, just past Great Lakes Blvd. (Thank you Susan Martin)
- Dog Park. Not sure what group runs it. Large open off leash fenced park. Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Location: Neyagawa North of Dundas. Directions: Dundas to Neyagawa and head North. (Thank you Rebecca Hynes)
- Happy Tails K9 Park. 1 acre fully fenced. Opening soon, by membership only. Trial basis, if successful, park will expand. Currently 1 acre fully fenced. Event days, and activities, BBQ days for members. Location: 1970 Conc Road 9. (Thank you
- Bruce Pill (old sand quarry). Reforested area, field, large quarry. NameOfLocation: BRUCE PIT (old sand quarry). Location: Cedarview Road. Directions: Cedarview Road, just South of Hwy 417 at highway 416 Junction. (Thank you A.M. Seguin)
- Conroy Pit (old sand pits). Description: Reforested areas with large fields. lots of diversity, friendly dogs and people. Look out for bicycles. Location: On Conroy Road just south of Hunt Club Road. Large parking area with Outhouse.Large Poop containers on site for disposal. Directions: Hunt club east to Conroy Road. Turn right at Esso. Look for parking lot on right side of road. (Thank you A.M. Seguin)
- Kinsmen Dog Park. 2 acres of fenced off leash fun. Located in Hanna Park Trenton Ward. Location: Film Street and Creswell Street. Directions: Dundas Street West(Hwy 2) to Dufferin Ave. Dufferin Ave. to Creswell. Creswell straight into park. (Thank you K.D Jones)
- Stratford Dog Park. Completely fenced with entrance gates, bags & disposal. 3 acres of grass with 3 acres of wood lot with trails. Packham Rd. Athletic Fields. 6 acres fenced, grass & bush lot. Location: Off of Highway #7 & # 19 south of Stratford. Take Packham Rd west to Dunn Rd.Turn left and right turn into the complex. (Thank you Maxine Watson)
- Burgoyne Woods. New leash free dog park Approved. The City of St. Catharines is the city's first leash free dog park. This fully fenced area with two separate areas- one for large dogs and one for smaller dogs. There are two fully enclosed parks- one for smaller dogs (approx 1 acre) and one for larger dogs (approx 4 acres). Location: South-East corner of Burgoyne Woods- off Edgedale Road. (South St. Catharines) Directions: From Glenridge Avenue exit on to Edgedale. Park by the pool. The leash free dog park is located east of the pool across the ravine (5 acres between golf course, 406 and the CNR rail tracks) (Thank you Heather Fyfe)
- Bickford Park. 400 Grace St.
at Harbord St. South of School, north of playing field. May 1st - Oct 15th
Mon-Sat 9 p.m.- 9 a.m.
Sunday 5:30 p.m.- 9 a.m., Oct 5 16th-Apr 30th 24 hours.
- Cedarvale Ravine. 1611 Bathurst St. at Lonsdale Rd. Between Bathurst and Spadina, south of Millbank Ave.
- Cassels Avenue Playground. 69 Cassels Av. At Brookside Av. 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. North end of park, north of field house.
- Cawthra Square
519 Church St. at Wellesley St. E., 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., North end of park, north of path.
- Glendon Park. Description: large open field area - paths through woods along the Don River - many dogs. Location: Behind Sunnybrook Hospital - at bottom of dead end. Directions: Bayview, north of Eglinton, turn into Sunnybrook Hospital and follow road to behind and past the Vaughan estate - go to bottom of hill where it says no exit. (Thank you Enid Sanders)
- David Crombie Park. 131 to 171 The Esplanade at Lower Sherbourne St. Southwest corner of Lower Sherbourne and The Esplanade.
- East Lynn Park. Entire park. 1949 Danforth Ave. at East Lynn Av.
- Eastern Beaches I. 77 Kew Beach Ave. -Silverbirch Ave. east to RH Harris Filtration Plant. Between fence and concrete retaining wall.
- Eastern Beaches II. -Silverbirch Ave. west to Lakeshore & Coxwell Ave. Between snow fence and waters edge.
- Greenwood Park. 150 Greenwood Av. At Dundas St. East. 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. South end of park, south of ice rink and field house.
- High Park. Official Leash Free Trails. 2 - 3 acres of leash free field and several kilometre's of trail that circle back to the field past a stream and ponds. Location: 1873 Bloor St W. at Parkside Dr., Bloor Street West & Parkside Drive. Directions: Enter off Bloor Street West at or Parkside Drive. Leash free area is just east of the Grenadier Restaurant Parking lot. 24 hrs (excluding 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. during stage productions at the Dream Site). Open area west of the Dream Site and the allotment Gardens and North East of the Grenadier Restaurant (known as dog hill)
- Hillcrest Park. 950 Davenport Rd. at Christie. South of playground and tennis courts to natural slope designated by snow fence.
- Kew Gardens. 2075 Queen St. E at Lee Ave. Southwest of baseball diamond, from bottom of slope to paved pathways running east/west and north/south
- Monarch Park. 115 Hanson St. at CNR tracks. East of wading pool and playground, bordered by Parkmount Road and CNR railway lands.
- Nordheimer Ravine
326 Spadina Rd. at St. Clair Ave. South of St. Clair, west of Spadina
- Oakcrest Park. 30 Oakcrest Av. At Woodbine Av. South end of park, south of wading pool
- Park Drive Reservation Lands 200 Park Drive at Mount Pleasant Rd. East of Glen Road, north of the nature trail (north of Milkman's Road)
- Riverdale Park West I. 375
Sumach St. at Carlton St.
West of farm. Park area west of Riverdale Farm, the upper park.
- Riverdale Park West II. East of service road only. Lower playing fields, southeast of farm
- Sherwood Park. 1200 Mt. Pleasant Rd. at Sherwood Av. East end of park (natural area)
- South Stanley Park. 845 King St. W. at Adelaide. South of King St., south of baseball diamonds, north of walkway, west of buildings and basketball courts.
- Trinity Bellwoods Park. 790 Queen St. W. at Shaw St. 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Centre of park, between walkways.
- Withrow Park. 725 Logan Av. At Danforth Av. South of the ice rink, north of the baseball diamond between the two hills.
- Bechtel Park. Five acre park is available to the public during normal park hours from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Location: 185 Bridge St, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. (Thank you Pam Sigvaldason)
- Woodstock Dog Park.
Enclosed leash free park with a small river at one side. Location: Corner of
Henry street and Butler street. Directions: From 401 take Mill Street north,
turn right onto Park Row, then left onto Butler and right onto Henry street.
Near the Purina Dog food factory. Busy between 4:30 and 8pm, all dogs must
be off leash. (Thank you Dr. Evelyn Purcell)