Fenced Dog Parks
- Simpson Stadium Park at Monroe Avenue
- 5000 block of Duke Street east of the Charles E. Beatley, Jr. Library
- Montgomery Park at the corner of Fairfax and 1st Streets
- Ben Brenman Park by Backlick Creek
Unfenced Dog Parks
- Founders Park at Oronoco Street and Union Street
- Windmill Hill Park Gibbon and Union Streets
- Southeast corner of Braddock Road and Commonwealth
- Hooff's Run, east of Commonwealth between Oak and Chapman Streets
- Area between Ft. Williams and New Ft. Williams Parkway
- Along Old Mill Run west of Gordon St. (Tarleton Park)
- Along Chambliss Street south of tennis courts
- North Fort Ward Park East of Park Road
- Median to Timberbranch Parkway between Braddock and Oakley Place
- Chinquapin Park east of loop
- Area east of entrance to Monticello Park
- Edison Street cul-de-sac
- W&OD Railroad at Raymond Avenue
- Grist Mill.
Interior space is one acre of bluestone dust surface. Clean and dry.
Location: 4710 Mt. Vernon Memorial Hwy, Alexandria. Directions: Turn
onto Mt. Vernon Memorial Hwy from Rt. 1 (Richmond Hwy) and continue just
past Rt. 623 to park entrance on left. Off Leash Dog Area is to right,
past barn and garden plots on asphalt trail along front of park. (Thank
you D. Burgin)
(Thank you Michael Gallagher)
Park. Fenced dog exercise area. 3308 South Stafford St.
The County's newest and only fully fenced dog exercise area. From I-395 North or South take Shirlington Exit and follow signs to Quaker Ln. From Quaker Ln, take first right onto 32nd Rd. Take next right onto S. Stafford St. and follow curve to the Yield sign. Turn left at sign (32nd St.) Park at the bottom of the hill or along sides of the streets. The dog exercise area is on the other side of the softball diamond from the parking lot.
Benjamin Benneker Park. 1600 Block North Sycamore
This park is partially fenced with wooden rail fencing. Take I-66 West to Sycamore St. Exit 69. Turn left on Sycamore past the East Falls Church Metro Station. Turn right onto North 16th St. Then take first right which dead ends at the dog exercise area.
- Towers Park. Fully fenced dog park. Location: South Scott Street. (Thank you Elizabeth Canty)
- Ft. Barnard Dog Park. Fully Fenced Dog Park. Hours: Sunrise to 1/2 hour after Sunset. Working to get the park lighted for winter early darkness. Check our website for updates. Location: 2060 S. Walter Reed Drive. Directions: Corner of S. Walter Reed and S. Pollard. Between Glebe Road and Four Mile Run. (Thank you Margott Weltin)
Madison Community Center. 3829 North Stafford St.
Exercise area is partially fenced. From Lee Highway (29) North or South. Turn onto Military Rd. Follow Military to end. Turn left onto Old Glebe Rd. Exercise area is on left. Drive past and turn left into entrance for Community Center. Park in Center front parking lot. Walk from your car to left of building to enter area. NOTE: Police will ticket for parking in back lot. Also, dogs are not allowed on soccer field.
Glencarlyn Park. 301 South Harrison St.
This area located near a creek and woods. This site is not fenced. From Route 50, head West to the Carlin Springs Rd. Exit. Exit right and turn left at stop sign. Pass under Route 50 and follow Carlin Springs until 4th St. Turn left on 4th St. and go 5 blocks until the road ends at Glencarlyn Park sign. Follow park road until road ends. Park your car and walk over a small bridge and stream to the exercise area.
801 South Scott St.
The park is fenced with two separate areas, one for big dogs and one for small. From 395 North or South, take Columbia Pike West towards Bailey's Crossroads. Stay in right-hand lane and take right on Scott St. at white church. Go straight until road ends at parking lot. Exercise area is behind the tennis courts. (Thank you Niki Zaffke)
Barcroft Park. 4100 South Four Mile Run Drive
This exercise area is located in the park at the "T" of Arlington Mill Rd, and South Walter Reed Dr. If you drive to it you must enter at the South Four Mile Run entrance close to the DMV. Park and walk east along the bicycle path approximately 1/2 mile toward S. Walter Reed. The dog exercise area is on the left between the bicycle path and water, close to the road.
Shirlington Park. - 2601 South Arlington Mill Drive
This area is located along the bicycle path behind a storage facility along South Four Mile Run between Shirlington Rd. and South Walter Reed Dr. It is close to but not in Jennie Dean Park. Heading east on Four Mile Run take a right on Nelson. Heading west take a left. Go straight and park behind the storage facility. The area is between the facility and the water. There is no signage indicating its location. NOTE: Personal safety issues at this site.
- Mason District. Location: 6621 Columbia Pike. Directions: Beltway Exit 52B(Little River Tpk., Rt. 236) east 3 miles to left at Robert Ave. and right on Alpine Drive and then left into the parking lot entrance. (Thank you D. Burgin)
- South Run District Park. Large area for large dogs to run. Mostly dirt, some grass, & some trees. Water outside the fence, trash cans, & benches. The fence is only 4 ft. high, & very close to the parkway. Large fenced area with some woods [est. 3 acre]. Burke [Fairfax Co.]. Location: 9500 Fairfax County Parkway [Rte.7100]. Directions: From I-66, take Fairfax County Parkway [Rte.7100] SOUTH. [ADC NoVA Map Book-Map 27/page31, D2](mileage?). First Right after passing Lee Chapel Road. [between Lee Chapel Rd. & Pohick Rd.] Use the first parking lot, [on the left]. Cross the street & follow the trail & signs to the dog park & nature trail. (Thank you Heidi Forrest)
Quinn Farm. Off
Leash Dog Park. Established: March 2006. Capacity: 90 dogs (80 large/10
small). Special Features: Separate area for small dogs (under 25 lbs.)
Sponsor: CentrevilleDogs. Location: 15150 Old Lee Rd., Directions: Directions:
From North Route 28 - Turn left onto Braddock Road (Rt. 620). Follow Braddock
Road about 3 miles to intersection of Braddock and Old Lee Road. Turn right
onto Old Lee Road. Make your first left into Quinn Farm Park. Follow drive up
to top of hill. Dog park will be at the end. From South Route 28 - Turn right
onto Braddock Road (Rt. 620). Follow Braddock Road about 3 miles to
intersection of Braddock and Old Lee Road. Turn right onto Old Lee Road. Make
your first left into Quinn Farm Park. Follow drive up to top of hill. Dog park
will be at the end. From Route 29 - Go North onto Route 28. Turn left onto
Braddock Road (Rt. 620). Follow Braddock Road about 3 miles to intersection of
Braddock and Old Lee Road. Turn right onto Old Lee Road. Make your first left
into Quinn Farm Park. Follow drive up to top of hill. Dog park will be at the
end. (Maggie Miller)
- Azales Park. Large crowds come after work hours on weekdays. Smaller crowds throughout the day on weekends. Small creek beside the park is good for swimming, although it is not fenced and not part of the official off leash area. Location: Old Lynchburg Road, about halfway between Jefferson Park Avenue Extended and 5th Street. Directions: From UVa, take Jefferson Park Extended towards Old Lynchburg Road. Turn right onto Old Lynchburg Road (first stop sign). After going through another stop sign, continue for less than a 1/2 mile. Azalea Park will be on the left. The dog park is just past the baseball field. (Thank you Bruce Carlson)
- Darden Towe. Close to the Rivanna River, a great swimming location, although it is not part of the official offleash area. Location: Off of Route 20, just outside the eastern edge of the city of Charlottesville. Directions: Heading on Route 250 East from Charlottesville, turn left on Route 20 North. Turn left at the first light, which will take you into the park. Turn right when the road deadends. The dog park is near the end of the parking lot, just down the hill from the picnic shelter. (Thank you Bruce Carlson)
- Chesapeake City Park. Large fenced area for dogs to run and socialize, Location: Greenbrier Parkway. Directions: Take route 64 to Greenbrier Parkway South. Go a few miles and it is on the right.
- Western Branch Bark Park. Dog Park (fenced). Location: 4437 Portsmouth Blvd. Directions: on 664 take Portsmouth Blvd South toward Chesapeake Square Mall. Once on Portsmouth Blvd take the first right beside Chucky Cheese then make your first left. If you continue left you will go to the Western Branch Community Center. If you veer right you will see the dog park on your right with a small parking lot on the left (you can also park beside the "bark park". (Thank you Amy Ernst)
- Ruff House. Opening in Fall of 2005. Off leash dog park. Six foot fence, water, all necessary clean up materials. Great parking; kids' playground very close; bathrooms too!. Location: Rockwood Park at Courthouse and Hull. Directions: 288 or Powhite to Hull Street; continue to intersection of Hull and Courthouse. Park is one long acre near baseball fields. (Thank you Jessica Sanchez Tucker)
- Fredericksburg Dog Park. Fenced Dog Park. All dog park users must be Fredericksburg City residents and must have City dog tags issued by the Treasurer's Office. Fredericksburg City tag must be on every dog in the park. The park is open from dawn to dusk. The off leash area is surrounded by a six foot fence. Water is provided for pets only. Location: On the corner of Mary Ball St. and Kenmore Ave. Directions: Turn onto Williams St. off of Blue and Gray Pkwy. At the third light make a left onto Kenmore Ave. Just past Mary Ball St (past the tennis courts) on your right hand side, you will see the parking lot and fenced in dog park. (Thank you Jessica Toombs & Wendy Stone)
- Buckroe Beach. Location: Off of Pembroke Ave, adjacent to Buckroe beach. Directions: Take Pembroke avenue towards the beach. The park is on the right side. It is a fenced in dog park with water and toys. There is a $10 registration fee for all dogs. Must include proof of shots and city registration. (Thank you Jarrod Higdon)
- The Hanover Dog Park Description: the new one-acre dog park features a 6-foot fence, dog agility equipment, a time-out pen, waste stations, water station and benches. Well-behaved dogs and their owners are invited to exercise and socialize. The first of its kind in Hanover, the new one-acre dog park features a 6-foot fence, dog agility equipment, a time-out pen, waste stations, water station and benches. Well-behaved dogs and their owners are invited to exercise and socialize. Location: Located in the Taylor Complex off Route 54, one mile east of I-95 (exit 92A). Taylor Complex Lane, Ashland, VA 23005. Parking will be available at the Cannery and the EMS Training Center next to the dog park. Hours of Operation: Mon.-Tues., Thur.-Fri 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Directions: Located in the Taylor Complex off Route 54, one mile east of I-95 (exit 92A). Taylor Complex Lane, Ashland, VA 23005. Parking will be available at the Cannery and the EMS Training Center next to the dog park. The Pound Facility and the Animal Control Officers can be reached at 804-365-6485. (Thank you Holly Podlack)
- Chandon Park in Herndon. Location: 900 Palmer Drive. Directions: from Herndon Pkwy coming from DC area, make a right onto Palmer Drive. (Thank you Monina Nguyen)
- Leesburg Canine Country Club. Social club & park for dog lovers & their best friends. Location: 22025 Evergreen Mills Rd. Directions: Directions: 1. Toll Road/Route 267 West. 2. Exit 9B: Sully Road/Route 28 North. 3. Left exit to Waxpool Road. 4. Left on Loudoun County Parkway. 5. Loudoun County Parkway becomes Ryan Road. 6. Right on Evergreen Mills Road. 7. Go 1.7 miles. (Thank you Lauren Shifflett)
- Norfolk. colonial place dog park. Location: Delaware Ave and Lewellen in Colonial Place. Directions: 3-4 foot fence with water bowl and benches for owners. (Thank you Corrie Clement)
- PETA dog park. Location: Off of Brambleton Ave., behind the PETA headquarters. Directions: Off of Brambleton Ave., behind the PETA headquarters. Ramp access to Elizabeth River for dogs that like to swim.
- Blake Lane Park. Location: 10033 Blake Lane. Directions: from interstate 66, take the rte 123 exit (Chain Bridge Road), North towards Vienna. Right onto Germantown Road (2nd light?) Park will be on your right- park at the recycle center parking lot. (Thank you Monina Nguyen)
- Baron Cameron Park. Area for dogs under 25lbs and area for dogs over 25lbs. Water pump in large dog area. Location: Corner of Baron Cameron Ave and Wiehle Ave. Directions: Toll Road to Take Reston Parkway north. Turn right onto Baron Cameron Avenue; continue on Baron Cameron Ave to the intersection with Wiehle Ave. Turn left onto Wiehle Ave and then turn left into Baron Cameron Park. The Dog area is on your right. (Thank you Jennifer Smith)
- Dogwood Dell. Fenced dog park. Location: South Boulevard. Directions: Go south on boulevard (off I95) until you can't go any further and take a right. Go around the hill with tennis courts on top. You will come to a giant monument (like a bell tower). Take a left and then an immediate right into dogwood dell. You will drive on a dirt road and its visible on the right. (Thank you Colt Woodworth)
- Six Wags Dog Park. Privately run off leash dog park and self serve dog wash. 5.9 acres of roaming fun. Small dog play area. All areas are fenced. Yappy Hours are open to members for free and non-members ($5 per dog). See website www.sixwagsdogpark.com for more info. Location: 1832 Apperson Drive. Behind the bowling alley on Apperson where the old driving range used to be! (Thank you Beth Brown)
- South Run. Location: 7550 Reservation Drive. Directions: Beltway Exit 54A (Braddock Rd.) west to left onto Burke Lake Rd. Left on Lee Chapel Rd. to left on Fairfax County Parkway to entrance on right. (Thank you D. Burgin)
- Nottoway Dog Park. Run by the town of Vienna. Dogs must be leashed outside of the fence. The fence is only 4 feet high. Not much room for Large. dogs to run. Benches, trash bags, & cans, but water is broken. 3 agility pieces. Great for shy & well behaved dogs. Children must be leashed [just kidding] with an adult. Small dog park that is approximately 1/3 of an acre. Location: Near 9500? Courthouse Road. It is next to the rest of the park, but different driveway. Directions: From I-66, take Nutley Street [Rte 243] NORTH. At the 3rd traffic light, turn LEFT on Courthouse Road [large drainage dip in the road]. Take the 2nd. LEFT into the small gravel parking lot. If you go too far, you will see the sign for the rest of the facilities. (Thank you Heidi Forrest)
- Vienna Dog Park Association, Virginia. Water, fenced, & agility equipment. Location: 700 Courthouse Rd, SW
- Red Wing Park. Small fenced dog park with water and baggies for you-know-what. Friendly atmosphere! An annual on-site registration fee of $15 is required, along with proof of license and vaccination. Dogs will be issued a tag to wear visibly on their collar. Children are required to be at least 8 years of age to enter the park. Call Call 385-8000, and enter code 211 for further details. Hours: 7 Days a Week 7:30 to Sunset except holidays observed by the city of Virginia Beach. Location: 1398 General Booth Blvd. Red Wing Park is off General Booth Blvd, between Oceana Blvd. and Dam Neck Road. Directions: From 264, take the First Colonial exit, south. First Colonial turns into Oceana Blvd. after it crosses Virginia Beach Blvd. Continue until after you pass Oceana Naval Air Station. Turn right on General Booth Blvd and quickly get in the left lane. The entrance to Red Wing Park is the very first left turn lane. (Thank you Karen Reidelbach, M. Pearson & Victoria Schwartz)
- Woodstock Community Park. Fenced off-leash dog park. An annual on-site registration fee of $5 is required, along with proof of license and vaccination. Dogs will be issued a tag to wear visibly on their collar. Children are required to be at least 8 years of age to enter the park. Call Call 385-8000, and enter code 211 for further details. Hours: 7 Days a Week 7:30 to Sunset except holidays observed by the city of Virginia Beach. Location: 5709 Providence Rd. (Thank you M. Pearson)
Dog Park. Must have proof of rabies vaccination and dog tags; annual fee
is $12.00 for residents of Williamsburg and James City County. Daily pass is
$2.00. Annual fee for non-residents is $50.00. This park has plenty of
clean-up bags and a doggie water fountain. If you go in the evening, bring
plenty of bug spray! Location: Airport Road. Waller Mill Park. Directions:
From I-64, take Exit 238 (Camp Peary/Williamsburg exit). Go towards
Williamsburg and make a right at the first light onto Rochambeau Drive. Take a
left onto Airport Road and Waller Mill Park is up on the left. (Thank you Amy