Outagamie Dog Park. Location: On French Road. Directions: Off Hwy 441 take Northland AVenue exit (OO) and turn onto French Road. (Thank you Michelle Malueg)
- Mitchell Park. Description: Exercise dog park. Location: Barker & River Rd. Directions: Going north on Barker from 94 expressway pass North Ave over the railroad tracks is River Rd go east on River Rd 2nd left turn is Mitchell Park. (Thank you Debra Rossey)
Dane (Dog permits are required. 246-3896)
Indian Lake. HWY 19, North of Cross Plains.
Middleton Dog Park. Dane County Dog Park Permit required. Day permits offered at park. Fenced off-leash rolling10 acres. Location: Hwy Q. North of Middleton. Directions: 2 miles north of Middleton on Hwy Q. West side of Q just south of intersection with Hwy K. (Thank you Sheldon Schall)
Prairie Moraine Parkway. County Hwy PB, near Verona.
Token Creek. HWY 51 north of Madison
Viking Park. HWY N North of Stoughton
Yahara Heights. 5428 State Highway 113
Eau Claire Off Lease Recreation Area. 9 Acre Dog Park. Self-serve day use permits $3 Resident Annual Permits $16 Non-resident $25 available at City of Eau Claire Customer Service (715)839-4923. Water Available April 15 - September 30. Location: Corner of House Rd/Gateway Dr. Directions: From I94 Exit 70 at Eau Claire to Hwy 53 NB. Exit Golf Road to Prill Road East(right) on Prill to House Road south (right) on House Road to corner of House/Gateway dog park is on left at that intersection. (Thank you Julie Smith)
Fon du Lac
Lake Park West. Fond du Lac, WI. Fenced. Location: Off Hwy 45. 1/4 mile north of Scott St. Directions: Scott St to Hwy 45. Then 1/4 mile north to Park entrance. Right to end of park. Bring own water. Park borders Lake Winnebago. (Thank you Dolores Cooper)
Mutland Meadows. Large fenced in area for your dog to run (off leash) and play with several other dogs. Location: S. Green Bay Road. Across the street from Lime Kiln park. Directions: Muttland Meadows is located on S. Green Bay Road in Grafton. From Hwy 60 in Grafton go South on 12th Ave (Hwy O). Follow 12th Ave - road changes to Falls Rd. Take slight left onto S. Green Bay Rd. Go about .4 miles to Muttland Meadows on your right hand side. Lime Kiln Park Park is located on the opposite side of the road. Lime Kiln is really a neat park too - it borders the Milwaukee River and there is a great little disc golf course - unfortunately our 4-legged friends are not allowed. There are lots of great short little trails all over Muttland Meadows, a bonfire pit, pooper scoopers, water dishes and plenty of balls to toss around....even a tennis racket for those dog slobbery tennis balls!!! (Thank you Janice McGinthy & Amy Perlick)
- Brown County Dog Park. Fenced area with trails. Open dawn to dusk, it is fenced, has benches, tables, handicap access, poop bags, parking, restrooms, water and trashcans. It has two large divided sections. A third smaller section is only for puppies. Long trails follow the entire fence line. Open year round. Park Pass available at local law agencies and pet stores. Location: West Mason Street. Directions: From highway 41, take Mason Street exit West. Park is beyond NWTC, on the right. (Thank you Anna Lanham & Kristin Van Drisse)
Jefferson Dog park. Fenced in large area, separate for small dogs and large dogs, trails. Location: Highway 26. $2.00 daily fee or season pass. Directions: I-94 west from Milwaukee, exit at Hy 26, turn left or south, look for sign on the left before Town of Jefferson. I-94 east from Madison, exit Hy 26, turn right or south, on left side before Town of Jefferson
- Kaukauna Dog Park. City of Kaukauna's new Dog Park. New attractions are scheduled to be added. Open year round til 11pm Location: Farmland Drive, Kaukauna, WI 54130. Directions: Take US 41 north to Exit 150 and turn right onto County J. Travel to Lamplighter Dr. and then travel to Highway 96. Proceed to Farmland Dr. (Thank you Sanjay Jain)
- Myrick Park. Off Leash Fenced In Dog Park. Small fenced in area for dogs to play. Great for all dogs! Location: La Crosse Street. Directions: Hwy 16 to La Crosse St. (near campus). (Thank you Lisa Linz)
Madison (Dog permits are required. 266-4711)
Birmingham Park. 401 West Shore Drive at Broom Street.
- Cherokee. Off leash dog area. Very large are, mowed paths, one large mowed area, some "woodsy" spots and access to the water. Location: Hwy 113(at hwy M intersection) just outside Madison. Directions: Out of Madison, take Northport drive, which turns into 113.Go approximately 2 miles through 2 stop lights and take a right. To access the park take immediate left right onto access road. (Thank you Christi)
Quann Park. 1802 Expo Drive
Sycamore Park. 4517 Sycamore Avenue
Warner Park. Sheridan Drive at the launch auxiliary parking lot.
Manitowoc Dog Parks. One large unfenced area bordered by trees and a small river; one small fenced in area near a lighthouse on Lake Michigan. Location: Unfenced: 8th Street, just north of the Humane Society. Fenced: Near the lighthouse off Maritime Drive on Lake Michigan. Directions: Unfenced: I-43 to Hwy 10/Hwy 42 exit (Waldo Blvd.) heading east. Turn north on 8th Street. Park is just north of the Humane Society. Fenced: I-43 to Hwy 10/Hwy 42 exit (Waldo Blvd.) heading east. Follow road to lake and turn right onto Maritime Dr. Look for lighthouse. Fenced area is out near the lighthouse (a bit of a walk).
Catherine Carpenter Park. Large chunk of land in residential area, no fences, but lots of trails & a creek for dogs to play in while off-leash. Location: Catherine St. Directions: Take Port Washington Rd. north until just past County Line Rd. Catherine is a little road that goes off to the right and winds around, dog park has two entrances, both on Catherine. (Thank you Anna Gilbert)
Milwaukee County Grounds. (Warning: Not an official dog park.) Huge grounds with many trails, garbage cans for waste. Location: Ronald McDonald House Driveway entrance. 8948 Watertown Plank Road. Directions: Just east of 41 / 45 expressway on Watertown Plank Rd, north side of street, turn in by Ronald McDonald house, straight back to parking area. (Thank you Steve Blomquist)
Off-Leash Dog Park. The park is located just north of Good Hope Rd. and west of US Hwy 41/45 along the east bank of the Menomonee River. The area is open only during daylight hours. If traveling on Hwy 45, exit at Hwy 145 (Fond du Lac Ave.). Go north. Turn left onto the frontage road and follow it to the dog park.(414) 319-5975.
- ROMP for Dogs. ROMP for Dogs is a new group working towards establishing several new off leash dog parks in Milwaukee County. We need volunteers to help with you site selection, fundraising, and eventually maintain the parks. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . (Thank you Robin Barry)
- Runway Dog Exercise Area. For dogs without a leash. A permit will be required to use the park which is run by Milwaukee County. Go to the Milwaukee County Parks web site for directions and information on obtaining a permit. Your dog must have its rabies vaccination and be licensed in your local municipality to obtain a permit. Location: 1300 E. Rawson Ave. (Thank you Justin J.L. DeCleene)
- Runway Dog Exercise Area. Milwaukee County Park System Off-Leash Dog Park. This double-gated fenced area offers a wide space for dogs to exercise. The area is southeast of the Cudahy Nature Preserve and can be accessed by a gravel road at 1214 E. Rawson Ave. Beyond the gravel parking lot are trails 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 miles long. This permit-based area offers daily and annual passes for admission. Location: 1214 E. Rawson Ave. Directions: Located just east of Howell Ave. (Hwy. 38) in Oak Creek, WI. I-94 to Rawson Ave. Rawson Ave. east to park. (Thank you Timothy Marks)
- (NOTE: this is not an off-leash dog park). Oconomowoc On-Leash dog area. Rules. Location: Southern end of Roosevelt Park. (Thank you Marge Lewek)
Winnebago County Park. Dog park within park. Location: Off Hwy Y. Directions: Take Hwy 41 and turn off on Jackson Hwy 76. Go towards Oshkosh, turn onto Y, and it's on the left about 1 mile in. (Thank you Michelle Malueg)
Fritz Port's Dog Park. Small 2 run off leash dog play area. There are 2 fenced areas, one for large dogs and one for small dogs to romp off leash. They are located behind the baseball fields and fairgrounds. $2 daily fee, or $20 or $10 per year depending on when you register. Location: Located at the north end of Veteran's Field, behind the Agriculture building. (Thank you Kim Sikorski)
Prairie du Sac
- Shamrock Dog Park. One acre fenced dog park, mowed trails, water, trash cans, and poop bags provided. Daily use fee of $2.00, annual fee $15.00, payable at shed at site. Owned and Run by Sauk-Prairie Veterinary Clinic. Location: North side of County Highway PF just east of State Highway 12 intersection, north side of Prairie du Sac, just east of veterinary clinic. (Thank you Jayne Englebert)
- City of Burlington Dog Park. 15 Acre Fenced Site. Poop bags and trash container on site. Park on street and walk leashed dog down path to the park. Location: Maryland Avenue, off of Hwy 36. Chocolate Fest site. Directions: Hwy 36 to Maryland Avenue (J.O.B. Auto Body,) South on Maryland less than a block. Park on street and walk back to the park. (Thank you Ann Curley)
- The Johnson's Park Dog Area. A huge place left to the city for our dogs, by Sam Johnson of S.C. Johnson. Huge prairie with wide paths, woods with paths, river, pond, smaller prairie. A great overall place not exceeded by any other in the Midwest. Can't miss the dirt parking lot and fencing to keep dogs out of farmer fields, on east side of road. Location: Hwy 38, near 4 Mile Road. Directions: From I-94, and west of I-94: Take Hwy K east to Hwy 38. Turn left onto Hwy 38. Head north/west on Hwy 38, go around a few curves and watch for parking lot on your right. From North: Take Hwy 38 south/east, just south of 4 Mile Road, watch for parking lot on right. Or come in from above directions. From South: Take Hwy 31 north to Hwy 38, turn left onto Hwy 38. Head west/north on Hwy 38, go around a few curves and watch for parking lot on your right. From Racine: Head west/north on Hwy 38, go around a few curves and watch for parking lot on your right.
- Room to Roam Dog Park of Rome. Nine acre area fenced for large dogs plus small dog area open at no cost for all licensed, vaccinated, non-aggressive dogs. Parking, poop bags, trash cans available. Location: Off Apache Ave. south of Hwy 13 and behind Rome's Waste & Recycling Center. Directions: From Hwy 13 south of Cty Rd D in the town of Rome in northern Adams County, go west on Apache Avenue for less than one mile. Dog park sign is on left one road west of 15th and just east of Rome's Recycling Center. Follow the short dirt road to the park. (Thank you Kaye Eckert)
- St Franci Seminary woods. Lots of Nice Dogs and Nature - Owls, Hawks, Deer and Coyotes. Woods behind St Francis Seminary. Location: Enter tyhe old WEPCO property - at the confluence of Lake Drive and Packarda avenues - Across fron old Power Plant Location. Directions: Go South on Lake Drive from South Shore park or South Shore Yacht Club. (Thank you Joe Wilke)
Stevens Point/ Plover
Standing Rocks Dog Exercise Area. Large fenced in area with mowed trails to walk through park with your dog. Also a dog agility practice area. Location: Standing Rocks Road. Directions: Standing Rocks Park is located approximately seven miles east of the Plover/Stevens Point area. The 524 acre park is open year round for a variety of outdoor activities. (Thank you Jennifer Biesack)
- Sun Prairie Pet Exercise Area. Fenced in dog park, 11 acres. Location: 975 S. Bird Street. Directions: South of Sheehan Park on S. Bird Street. Proceed south over the railroad tracks and go over the top of the hill. The facility is located on the left side of the road and is marked with signage. Permit required (Dane County) or $3.00 daily permit. (Thank you Patti Rohwer-Nutter)
- Tomahawk Dog Park - Scheduled opening summer 2008. Plans for a 6-8 acre dog park in Tomahawk near SARA Park Recreation Facility are in the works with fund-raising efforts. Tax deductible donations can be sent to the STAR Foundation, c/o Tomahawk Community Bank, Tomahawk, WI, 54487 - show DOG PARK on your check. Location: SARA Park. Somo Avenue. Directions: From Hwy 51, turn west on Hwy 86, and continue on Somo Avenue 3 miles to end of road. (Thank you Jo- Ski Theiler)
- Riverside Park. Fenced in softball diamond. A local private citizen donated the majority of money for fencing and entry gates in memory of her deceased husband. Poop bag station provided. Park also contains a nice skate park so bring the kids and their boards so everyone gets tired out. Location: The dog park is located at Riverside Park, 1432 River Place. Directions: Hwy 42 North of Manitowoc along picturesque Lake Michigan. Turn Left at Madison Street. Left on 14th Street and Right on Riverside Place. (Thank you Mia Quistorf)
- Badger Prairie. Nice little off-leash park. Dog permit required (may purchase day or annual permit at park) almost entire dog area visible from entrace. Part of a larger mult-use park. Location: Behind (north of), 1100 E. Verona Rd., Verona, WI 53593. Directions: NW of intersection of Nesbitt RD, Verona RD (business 18/151). (Thank you Michael Alexander)
- Waukesha Dog Run. Off leash trail in woods. .Shredded bark trail in woods. One picnic table and trash barrel. Bring your own water and doggie bags. Open daylight hours only. 45 miles long. Location: MacArthur and Comanche roads. Directions: I-94 exit Hwy G. South 3.6 miles to MacArthur road then east. Sign says Dog Run. GPS coordinates are N42 59.810 W88 16.895. (Thank you Steve Bukosky)
- Ripp Park Dog Park. Small fenced in exercise area for local residents. Location: Hwy 19 west of Waunakee.
Waupaca Dog Park. Description: Fenced in area for dogs to run and play. Closed for the winter. Location: Located on Hwy. K south of the City of Waupaca. The dog park is adjacent to the Waupaca Regional Recycling and Composting Center. (Thank you Jennifer Biesack)
Waupun Dog Park. 5 acre off leash dog park. If your dog is licensed, up to date on their shots, and plays well with others you can play for FREE in our park. Donations are welcome. Location: 903 North Madison Street. Directions: Highway M/North Madison Street. Please use the Animal Shelter driveway, but not their parking lot. (Thank you Julie Nickel)
- Granville Dog Park. Milwaukee County Grounds. Off lease dog park. Many trails, open area and fields to run and play in. Trash cans available. Open fields to play in. Location: Good Hope Road. Directions: located just north of Good Hope Road and west of US Hwy 45 along the east bank of the Menomonee River. (Thank you Greg Wolf)
- Weston Dog Park. 40 acres open with double gates Open to the public, Dedicated off leash dog park. Location: Adjacent to KellyLand Par. Directions: Entrance is off of KellyLand Park in Weston, near Wausau WI. (Thank you Mike Schoenherr)
- VIP Kennels Canine Country Club. Privately
owned. Off-leash, 4 acres completely fenced in. Has an agility area also. Part
of it is cleared so you can play fetch or whatever. The perimeter is left
natural but with trails. Open year round dusk to dawn. Closed on Mondays. Many
different rates. Daily, weekly, monthly, annual, etc. Need to call ahead and
set up appointment to have dog temperament test. Very nice, clean park. Has
pooper scoopers and fresh water available also. Location: 5031 Plover Road.
Directions: On Hwy 54 heading from WI Rapids to Plover/Stevens Point. (Thank
you Cathy Drewa)