Manufacture 15 Year Heavy Commercial Wear Warranty
15 Year Limited Heavy Commercial Wear Warranty
The finish of the floor plank is warranted by USFloors, Inc. not to wear through under normal heavy commercial use for a period of fifteen (15) years from the date of purchase. Finish wear-through is defined as 100% finish removal over a minimum of 3% of the total installation. (Gloss reduction or surface scratches are not considered surface wear.) Dull finish can be corrected with spot or overall recoating care systems. This warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the original purchaser and only if used in the following commercial areas:
• Retail: Hallways, Checkout (cash register or furnishings CANNOT be bolted to the floor), Novelty Shops/Boutiques, Product Display Areas, Sales Floors, Showrooms, Hair Salons, Entryways (walk off mats required)
• Medical Offices: Hallways, Entryways, Waiting Rooms, Patient Rooms, Examination Rooms, Storage Rooms
• Hotels: Guest Rooms, Conference/Meeting Rooms, Lobby
• Offices and Restaurants: Offices, Conference/Meeting Rooms, Showrooms, Restaurant Floor, Break Rooms, Hallways, Entryways, Lobby
• Institutional: Classrooms, Training Rooms, Meeting Rooms, Commons Areas, Residence Halls, Hallways, Entryways
The 15 year limited heavy commercial wear warranty is made subject to the following conditions:
1. The floor must be installed properly and according to USFloors’ installation instructions. Proper installation includes, but is not limited to the following:
a. A moisture test must be performed to determine if excessive moisture exists in the subfloor.
b. When installing over concrete, a calcium chloride moisture test must be performed. Readings greater than 5 lbs./1000 sq. ft./24 hours are unacceptable for installation. If a moisture meter is used, a reading greater than 4.5% is unacceptable.
c. A polyethylene film vapor barrier must not be used over wood subfloors. Moisture readings of wood subfloors must not exceed 14% thoughout the entire installation.
d. If glue is used, glue entire floor with glue that meets or exceeds PVAC dispersion with a viscosity of 8000 +/- 1000 cpc spindle 6/20 at 20 degrees centigrade – density of 1.11=/- 0.02 g/cm on a dry content of 48 =/- 1% (weight). Upon completion of glued installation, the floor must be allowed to set overnight for 12 hours before resuming normal usage of the room.
2. The flooring must be used only indoors in a dry, climate controlled area.
3. The flooring must be maintained in accordance with USFloors maintenance instructions.
4. This limited warranty does not apply to water damage of any kind.
5. This limited warranty does not apply to damage caused by water or moisture in the subfloor or underneath the flooring, including but not limited to damage from subfloor hydrostatic pressure (water or moisture under the floor that is transmitted to the surface through exerted pressure) or other conditions that result in water or moisture being under the floor.
6. This limited warranty does not apply to USFloors moldings and trims.
7. Installation of flooring that contains any manufacturing defect is not covered by this limited warranty.
Lifetime Limited Structure Warranty
The floor plank is warranted to be free from manufacturing or material defects for the life of the product.
Should a defect occur, the manufacture will arrange a credit based on the original purchase of the product. This warranty is not transferable by the purchaser of the floor. Should a defect occur, we will arrange a refund based on the original purchase of the product. This warranty is not transferable by the purchaser of the floor. Should a problem attributable as a
Warranty Coverage:Upon determination of a valid manufacturing defect or finish wear through amounting to 100%, credit will be issued to the dealer and will be good toward the purchase of a replacement. When defective product is installed, credit applies to material only and does not include labor since it is the responsibility of the installer to determine suitability of material prior to installation. Should a problem attributable as a manufacturing defect develops after flooring is installed, the cost of labor for repair will be covered by this warranty.
The Limited Commercial Wear Warranty does not cover:
1. Damage due to adhesives or tape, scratches, gouges, scuffs, punctures, cuts, indentations, burns, accidents, lack of proper furniture rests or any intentional misuse of the product. Loss of finish gloss over time is consistent with normal wear & tear and is not a product flaw.
2. Problems due to moisture, mildew, alkaline substances, hydrostatic pressure, expansion and contraction between planks/tiles, or humidity levels above or below those recommended.
3. It is normal and expected for there to be color variations due to use of natural components, exposure to UV light and/or sunlight, and age of material. Therefore, color inconsistency between samples, replacement product or illustrations and actual product is not a manufacturing flaw.
4. Manufacturer makes no guarantee that floor products will match or coordinate with customer furnishings, trim, cabinetry, railings, etc.
5. Inherent variations that are consistent with those of a natural product to include pattern, color, and grain/granule size do not indicate defective material.
6. Noncompliance with installation instructions and maintenance guidelines as recommended by the manufacture. Manufacturer and retailer cannot assume responsibility for the suitability of flooring material and accompanying products for each individual installation as manufacturer and retailer have no control over the installer's proper application. Should an individual piece be doubtful as to appearance or dimension the installer should not use this piece. Failure to apply protective coating in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines may result in irreparable damage to the cork. Such damage is not covered.
7. Cracking, warping, soiling, fading, improper maintenance or abuse caused by items such as roller skates, golf shoes or pets.
8. Floor covering installed in inappropriate locations is excluded from this warranty.
9. Exposure to UV light and sunlight will cause discoloration to natural wood products. This is normal and is not a manufacturing flaw. Area rugs and large furniture will block light exposure and cause uneven coloration. To minimize this, furnishings and floor coverings should be moved periodically.
How to Make a Claim
Any claim made under either of these limited warranties must be made by contacting your retailer within 30 days after the basis of the claim is detected. In addition, any claim under either of these limited warranties must be made before the end of the applicable limited warranty period. Proof of purchase including the date of purchase, must be presented to make a claim.